In March I joined in with Kerry's Theme-tas-stitch - "March Madness".
I haven't managed to add the pretty button for Kerry's post but you can find her at "Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict".
You may have seen my previous post, with details of some of the projects I worked on during March, but there were a few I haven't had time to mention until now.
The following are the updates for these three projects I wrote about in my post over at Kitten Stitching and The Friday Frolics (Click here):
|"Stitch by Stitch"|
I'm very pleased with this kit, it came with a sharp cross stitch needle which enters the fabric very precisely, and the cottons seem to be very good quality - they seem to be easier to stitch with than many I've used before. (Details of kit can be seen on my post at Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics.)
Another new start, again, in March:
I haven't fully decided what I am making! I was going to make a Pinnie Pendant - I saw a tutorial over at Fabric Mutt, by Heidi Staples. But Heidi was using smaller scrap pieces ..... and I have this supply of 1.5" squares of vintage fabrics that I wanted to use! So this won't be like Heidi's Pendant at all really, but that was how it started !!!!
I am always on the look out for the perfect way to store/hold my needles and paraphernalia when I'm stitching "on the go" ..... travelling that is! Now to put my thinking cap on and try to come up with something suitable!
And I was still experimenting with quilting in March:
|This is my test piece ..... and I know I left it with the pins|
in far too long!
Previously I pieced a patchwork house for Jen & Jan's brilliant Mini Blog Hop QAL ..... and I am still wondering how to quilt it!
After my failure with free motion quilting I decided I would have to use my walking foot but I
was am still undecided how I should finally quilt the proper block.
Firstly, I doodled on paper, then I machine quilted the shape of my final block onto my test piece.
I was really pleased with the result ..... apart from the slight indentations left by my safety pin basting, which I think should disappear in time ...... as there was no bunching or slipping of fabric!
In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say! I thought I should test out machine binding too! I've bound things by hand but never by machine!
|Trying to guess what it will look like with this fabric|
Most people seem to use 2.5" binding, so that is where I started.
|I didn't know which fabric to use for my test .....|
I'm so loath to part with my fabrics just for a test!
|Not finished yet! This is the back, you might just be able to see the pins!|
And this is where I have to leave you, as it is getting late for one thing, and I haven't quite finished my binding anyway!
promise hope not to be so long before I post again ..... and I'd like to have a Friday Finish to share this week.
I haven't forgotten or abandoned my "Printing Block" post, it has just taken longer than I expected to prepare!
See you soon!
Hope you are having fun with fabric and thread!!
Hugs, Barbara xxx
Esther Aliu's WOW = WIPs on Wednesdays
Susan Arnold's Midweek Makers @ QuiltFabrication