Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Gifted Gorgeousness - The Pincushion you've all been waiting to see .....


Hello Dear Reader,

I'm pleased to be able to join Jo's "Gifted Gorgeousness" today, to show you the gift I sent to my swap partner in Bea's Pincushion Swap.



Some time ago I had seen this lovely doggie pincushion, but I never thought I would actually make one because I wouldn't want to stick pins into him!


When I found that the lady I was sending to was a dog lover, I felt "this was meant to be"!! (Links at end of post)

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

Truth told, I think I sent a teeny bit of my heart with this little guy, 'cos by the time I finished making him he was hard to send away in the post!!!  So I guess that makes him "made with love".....

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

And then, so he won't have to have pins stuck in him I had to make another pincushion to go with him! But then I felt he had to have a rug to sleep on (just as every stitcher needs a needle case .... or two). 


Luckily, around this time, my blogging friend - Turid - wrote a tutorial for a needle case which I felt could double as a rug for my little pincushion!


Thank you Turid, for your timely tutorial! (link at foot of post) 
and I just know I will be making more of these!

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

Oops, nearly forgot! I took this next shot to show some of the stitches on my new sewing machine, but maybe I should have taken more of a close up! Tee hee!
theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk
And one last piccy of him with his rug and bone .......

I do hope Debra, will like him! I certainly enjoyed making him!




Now, I'm off to visit everyone over at Jo's place! 
And while writing I'd like to thank Jo for running this lovely party each month! "Thank you Jo!"





Hugs,
Barbara xxxx


Gifted Gorgeousness Link Party at Jo's place (Serendipitous Stitching)


30 comments:

Kim said...

The little doggy is adorable, Barbara...just look at those sweet eyes and cute ears...oh, and then there is the sweet button nose! Love his little blanket and the doggy bone. Debra will smile when she opens her parcel. Such a fun pin cushion.

Pamela said...

What a great gift, especially for a dog lover!

Pink Rose said...

Omg what a cute idea,beautiful finish for you Barb,well done xx

Lin said...

Oh my Barbara - he is gorgeous! And I am not a dog lover!! I love that you made the bone and the rug to go with him too, what a great parcel Debra got to open. xx

Christine B said...

He's just gorgeous Barbara!! I am sure Debra is going to adore him and I'm sure she won't stick pins in him..... I certainly wouldn't!! Christine xx

Queeniepatch said...

Wow! What lovely gifts. The bone is a nice pincushion and the doggy a real charmer.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGOSH!! That pooch is NOT a pincushion. I might be able to stick a pin in his bone though. Very cute. Bet your swap partner loved him.
xx, Carol

Sheryl said...

A gorgeous pincushion Barbara, Debra will be thrilled although doubt that she will be sticking pins into him (I couldn´t) The rug and bone are ideal, great work.

Ariadne said...

Such a lovely pincushion. I am a dog lover so I would have loved a similar one! Bytheway your link in Jo's link up leads to an old blog post of yours so maybe you want to change it. AriadnefromGreece!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is wonderful! I absolutely love everything! My favourite make I've seen in ages - maybe ever :)

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is wonderful! I absolutely love everything! My favourite make I've seen in ages - maybe ever :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month.
What a wonderful gift for an exchange. Everything is so perfect together and it was Serendipity to find the tutorial at exactly the right time too.

Elfie said...

Your doggy pincushiom and his accessories are just too gorgeous. I'm sure he will be treasured. It looks like you are enjoying your new sewi g machine.

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, he's precious! I'm not sure I'd want to use him, I'd want to display him!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Awww - I wouldn't be sticking pins into him either!! He's just too cute for that. And I'd be not using his little mat as a needle holder either - he needs his run to sleep on!

Turid said...

Your doggie pincushion is so cute. And I adore your version of the needle case. Hope others can do it also. Thanks for the link to my tutorial.

Julie said...

You must have made your exchange partner very happy with such a fabulous parcel, lots of pretty things and so useful.

jocondine said...

Couldn't use this so cute dog as a pincushion. He's so adorable. I would keep it on my knees only... needles in the bone. xxx

Rhona said...

Oh my goodness....what a cute pincushion .....and perfect for a dog lover. Your exchange partner will be delighted with it.

Faith... said...

Oh my goodness; that is the cutest pincushion I have ever seen! Debra is a lucky person!!

MARIELA Inspirada said...

So adorable this doggy pinkcushion, a very lovely gift! Besitos...

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Made with love... and absolutely lovely!!! Have a beautiful week!

SewforSoul said...

How cute is he? You have done such a great job, what a gorgeous gift to receive in the post, lucky Debra! Fab stitching on the name tag too, you have been busy xxx

Mia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
handmade by amalia said...

Your little doggie friend is brilliant, Barbara, I'm sure he won't mind a pin or two. I'm a bit behind on my blogging, been a busy few weeks, but I finally made it :-)
Amalia
xo

Mary's Thread said...

That puppy is TOO CUTE! What an adorable set! Oh be still my heart it is just sweet beyond belief!

RJ said...

Oh my Barbara your doggie and his bone are just precious. I love them as well as your other projects. Lovely work as always. I've been out of town the past five weeks and just checking up on my blogging friends. Have a wonderful week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

FlashinScissors said...

Eeek! Sorry Mia, I’ve just accidentally removed your comment!
I looked away from the screen for a moment and didn’t realise my finger was near the buttons!
Woe is me!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Ana María said...

Increible este trabajo, es muy lindo, muy tierno, lleno de amor!!!

Deb said...

OMGness this was the perfect pin...it must have been so hard to part with! A precious gift i have totally been enjoying this pooch I honestly have to say though he has not had a pin in him. He lays on his blanket and plays with his bone while I am quilting on my frame. You don't know how wonderful this gift was thank you so much for your thoughtfulness. I am so sorry I didn't see this post till now. thanks again