Sunday, April 17, 2022

FNSI

Today I'm sharing my slow progress! Tee hee!! Linking to Friday Night Sew In with Wendy and friends at Sugarlane Designs. Go here to see who else is joining in. This is a special Easter weekend link up.


00000

On my previous post I had a fun time joining in with a Treasure Hunt Blog Hop (read all about it here on Jo's blog) where participants were visiting to collect letters to form a phrase and my letter was "E". 

I must admit it was a little late in the day when I decided to stitch this letter. so, last night I was searching for the colours listed for the rest of the pattern - which took most of the evening with threads split between DMC and Anchor and spread around my many projects!


Started on Thursday

Pattern from CrossStitcher, 

Issue 351, December 2019. 

Stitched on tea dyed aida 14hpi,

And now my piece looks like this, but alas the pink section you can see is one space out - aaargh! How did I do that ..... I counted the squares so carefully too! (It will be a Robin when its finished)




I intend to finish this very soon, like before starting on something else! And maybe keep myself blogging more often.


By the way, does anyone know how to get back to single line spacing????? 

Any assistance gratefully accepted!

I'm off to see what everyone else was stitching for:


Friday Night Sew In with Wendy and friends
at Sugarlane Designs. Go here 



Barbara xxx

15 comments:

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

It's a nice embroidered Barbara!
Happy Easter!
Hugs from Spain

Diana Moriel said...

Your embroidery is looking beautiful, I hope you had a happy Easter!
kisses

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Se ve que avanza la labor, quedará preciosa... aquí lo que importa es un trabajo bien acabado no importa el tiempo invertido.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work on your E, even if the robin is a little bit skewiff!

To do single spaces, it's shift and return at the same time. Do it once and it should work for the whole post.

Karen's Korner said...

I admire anyone who does cross stitch. I seem to get into a big mess.

Helen said...

So annoying when you make a mistake but I'm sure you will get it sorted.....

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I've become somewhat of an expert (hah!) at fudging miss counts so I don't have to unpick. That's not to say I don't sometimes still have to reverse stitch but I try to avoid it.
Looks like Blog-grrrrr is having another hiccup. Sorry, no clue how to fix it.

Raewyn said...

Oh dear about your Robin but hopefully you've been able to re-do it and you're zoomin ahead with the rest of your E.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your E is looking great. Oh , I hope have been able to get the little robin in and had minimal frogging to do. Happy stitching

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm sure your Robin will be ok, things tend to work out in time. Lovely stitching on your E

Queeniepatch said...

E for Easter, E for Enjoy, E for Elegant...
I have made a few Cross Stitch initials, and know how easy it is to miss one space. Can you fix this one easily?

Patch Marian said...

Nice work! Ahora descubro tu blog, gracias por visitar el mío. Saludos

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Some lovely cross stitching over the last few posts - so annoying when the counting is off, can you bodge it? Xxx

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you didn't have too much to frog, so that's good. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished!

pequicosas said...

Very nice work!!!
=^.^=