Friday, December 25, 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - December 2020

Crikey ..... not the best day to write a blog post! 

It is Christmas Day as I write these words, and I think everyone in the world must be on-line as my computer is reacting so slowly!!

I hope you will stop and have a little read here today as I join Jo of Serendipitous Stitching for Gifted Gorgeousness.  If you don't know what it is all about do pop over to Jo's blog to read all about GG HERE.

(Not my stitching, this is Jo's
badge for the SAL0


There are a few gifts to mention this month ;

The only cross stitch to show this month is a page of a calendar from CrossStitcher magazine - January 2021 -   Issue 365 - a Free Gift to be exact, and therefore qualifying for Gifted Gorgeousness. 

I stitched the January picture really fast, to send in to the magazine as part of a competition to see who can stitch this picture first. (Only the picture with the blue edges - the pink edged one is February).



Then I stitched this mask and pouch for a blogging friend:





And, yes I've been really busy this month, also finished and gifted this bag I'd started waaay back at the begining of lockdown, for a non-blogging friend:






Oh, and we received these very tasty little biscuits from our neighbour's children with our  Christmas card  the result of a baking session with her young daughters:





Clare has now fully finished the flower (see photo below) I sent her back in August. You will no doubt have seen all the completed flowers on her web-site HERE

What a shame Covid stopped people seeing the tree of flowers in person at the church as Clare had planned, still hopefully they will be able to show them next Christmas!




Thank you so much for visiting, and I do hope you are having a Very Happy Christmas!

Roll on 2021 .....  it has to be better than this year surely! Look forward to seeing you again then!





Hugs,
Barbara xxx


20 comments:

Faith... said...

What a pretty flower you stitched for Clare. All your finishes are very nice!! Hope you stitched the the fastest for the January piece.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your little January stitchery is so cute! And it looks like your friends are receiving some really nice gifts (come to think of it - they're most likely already received!).
You're right in hoping that 2021 is a better year. Fingers crossed!

Queeniepatch said...

The calendar cross stitch is charming, the fabric you have used for the mask set and the bag is lovely and the cookies look festive.
All the best for the new year.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You have been busy, the mask bag is a great idea. I'm so glad you liked how your flower was fi ished, did you watch the video for the virtual festival? Merry Christmas 🎄

Gill2017 said...

Lovely to see your finished work. They all look lovely and is good to keep busy at moment! All the best for 2021

Sheryl said...

You have managed a lot of stitching this month Barbara. I like the pretty mask and holder and am in the middle of making a couple myself but had to stop due to Christmas cooking etc,. Lovely little stitched card and presentation - I wonder if you stitched it the fastest? Lovely stitched bag too, Hope you enjoyed a wonderful Christmas day and keep safe and sound.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Ideal jobs, Barbara.
Have a Merry Christmas.
Kisses and hugs

Cathy said...

i love the calendar set and I will have to take a look at it when I receive the magazine. I also love the fabric you used for the mask. In fact, all of your projects are lovely and I'll bet the cookies tasted good.

Lin said...

Lovely finishes Barbara - hope you enjoyed the rest of your day. xx

Christine said...

Lovely finishes. Those biscuits look wonderful!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

You had a busy month with beautiful projects finished, Barbara. I hope you had a nice a Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year! I'm sure, as you say, next year will better and I'm looking forward to following you in 2021 :) xxx

Birthe Marie said...

You've been busy! Your embroideries are so beautiful! It was smart to sew a bag for the face masks. The cute biscuits look delicious! :-)

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.

handmade by amalia said...

I hope you had a lovely and happy Christmas, Barbara. You deserve it!
Amalia
xo

Diana Moriel said...

You have done a lot of lovely things this year! I hope you had a merry Christmas and I wish to you all the best for 2021, full of health and blessings!
xxx

Celtic Thistle said...

Your mask and matching bag are very stylish Barbara, what a lovely gift to give and receive :)

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Feliz Año Nuevo Bárbara!
Prosperidad, Ilusión y Esperanza.

Regalos muy especiales.

BESOS

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in December, you can see how far behind I am!
You stitched a beautiful flower for Clare's tree, it was lovely to see her photos of them all together.
I intend to stitch the calendar too, I must get started on January myself.
The biscuits look yummy.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Just found you whilst blog hopping - maybe see you over at mine sometime! Your stitching is all lovely, I especially like the January speed cross stitch - good luck for the competition!
Have a great weekend, Jillxo

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Thank you so much for my gift! It has been admired by so man6 people!,!