Friday, April 10, 2015

An April walk in the English Countryside

Hello Dear Readers,

I previously showed you a couple of pictures from a local countryside walk.  Mary Anne, this is the view through that gate!  Later in the year there are cattle, sheep and goats in these fields, hence the need for gates. 

Looking through and to the right. 
Through the gate and straight on!
Through the next gate
On beyond!
Returning home and that gate again!
Through the gate, view to Whyteleafe and what they call "The Dobbin" beyond it.
I hope the weather is being kind to you today, it has been lovely here.  Another sunny day, but not too hot!

"See you soon", Barbara xx

4 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

oooh - thank you!! I grew up on a farm and have to admit that wooden gates are always a thing of curiosity. I always want to know why it's there and what lies beyond.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you, Mary Anne, for your comment. We were walking again yesterday, in a different area of the countryside, and when I uploaded my photos I was surprised just how many gates I had managed to find without even looking for them. Was it fun growing up on a farm, did you get involved in the work of the farm?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I didn't end up doing too much of the work - I was an only child and my dad was of the old school that it wasn't 'girls work'. I spent most of my time playing with the animals I'm afraid. We had some cattle, pigs, chickens and a work horse (along with the usual dogs and cats).

Gina said...

That looks like a lovely walk Barbara. Thanks for taking time to leave a comment on my last post... I'm pleased you decided to do it!