Saturday, December 17, 2022

2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop - Day 17



Hello Dear Reader,

 

I’m here today to join in with Jo’s annual Christmas blog hop on day 17. 

Jo asked us to show some Christmas/Winter stitching and talk about “afters”.  

You can visit Jo for all the details and for the list of everyone joining in here


And so this is my Winter stitching:

Stitched from this free pattern
by Melisa of PinkernPunkin Quilting 


I had hoped to have finished this, but sadly not. It’s going to be a small cushion, the same as Melissa’s - but the scrap of fabric I was intending to use wasn’t wide enough for the backing so I need to think what other fabric I can use !!!



I’ve also been stitching the advent calendar from CrossStitcher magazine, 
as I love every motif, 
but, alas this too will have to be finished for 2023. 





Surprisingly I got a little diverted from my Christmas projects by a little “everyday” stitching, when my crochet hook, pens and nail file all jumped out of their place in my project bag  - obviously I needed a little pouch to keep all these little things safe.  I wonder if this will be finished soon ….. or will it join all my many WIPs in “The Dreaded Cupboard” ???

My latest whim. 

I’ve been tea dying a lot of my fabric lately - I find I just don’t like plain white fabric any more, and I keep wanting to see what colour the different teas will make my fabric. I could be back with more on that. 


- oooooo -


Ooooh! I almost forgot ….. “afters” - Back when I was growing up my maternal grandmother used to stay with us over Christmas and she would do lots of cooking to help mum and dad, each Christmas she would  cook : Christmas pudding, a Dundee Cake and lots of mince pies for all the family, however, nowadays we don’t eat many puds or cakes although hubbie and I are rather partial to mince pies and custard, or a Christmas pud - but sadly shop bought. 


I have lots more sewing I want to do before Christmas, and a couple of photos for Gifted Gorgeousness,
 so I’ll try and write here again soon. 


A Very Happy Christmas to you!


Many hugs,
Barbara xxx

18 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I love advent calendars and have often toyed with the idea of making one. I hope you will finish your for next year's advent fun.
All the best for a great holiday.
Queenie

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Barbara: I think Dundee Cake and Fruit cake may be almost the same thing, I love homemade Fruit Cake, they are heavy and yummy, many people do not like them but if made proper they are so good.
I like the pouch you are making adorable.
I am looking forward to seeing the Advent calendar finished.
The snowman is adorable.

Catherine

Lin said...

I hope you finish your little pouch as it is so gorgeous. xx

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Bueno Bárbara llevas muchos trabajos.... paciencia ya los terminarás, creo que cuando se tiene la ilusión y emoción de desearles y empezar hay que aprovechar... Todos tus proyectos se ven preciosos el invierno aún no ha terminado...y seguro que acabas tu cojín.... para el calendario paciencia... El neceser me ha encantado!!
BESOS

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Don't think of it as not finishing in time for this year but getting a head start for next year..your projects all look great, getting distracted is all part of crafting I think. Finding the right shop made sweet mince pie is not easy. And just when you do, they change the recipe!

jocondine said...

The pouch will be great and I'm very curious about the advent calendar, is it kind of a ribbon you turn every day or a house front like mine? Fruit cakes are delicious! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! Hugs. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
Love your snowman finish, Melissa does some sweet designs.
I also liked the Advent Calendar but didn't start it either!
Your Afters sound delicious too!

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

I always see that you carry many projects at the same time... that's fabulous!
I loved what I've seen of the advent calendar and the tea-dyed tea bag.
These are days of intense Christmas preparations... There is only one week left for Christmas!
Hugs

Arish said...

Preciosos bordados y me pasa lo mismo, ya no me agrada tanto la tela blanca y también estoy experimentando. BESICOS🎄🎄

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Aw - such sweet little stitcheries! I am going to enjoy seeing the advent project evolve if the first glimpse is any indication. I refuse to look at the cross stitch magazines, particularly the Christmas issues, because I know I'll want to make a bunch of things. Mind you, there's only about one x-stitch magazine that appears locally anymore, so the temptation isn't as great.

Annet said...

Love the pouch you're making.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super stitching and sewing, you have some great projects. Merry Christmas 🎄

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitching projects Barbara! Hope you have a lovely Christmas and may 2023 bring you peace and joy. Hugs Christine xx

Leonore Winterer said...

Your sewing is so pretty, I love the little bag! Hope you get to eat something delicious this Christmas.

Sheryl said...

Love your project bag Barbara, so pretty and useful. Merry Christmas.

Astrids dragon said...

Did you find fabric yet for your cute snowman? Maybe you could combine a couple?
Sweet stitches on your advent calendar, I'd like to make one someday.
I hope you finish your pouch, it looks great so far.
I like tea dying too, I'm looking forward to seeing what you've come up with.
I had to look up the Dundee cake, it looks delicious.
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas!

DJ said...

I love your Advent calendar! I've made two so far, one for my Daughter in law. This one looks sweet! I also love your snowman, so cute! Hmmm... Dundee cake sounds intriguing! My favorite in your list is mince pie...what a lovely selection of treats! Have a Merry Christmas!

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely stitching and hope you find the right fabric for your snowman! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!