Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness - February 2018

"GIFTED GORGEOUSNESS" ..... a monthly link party run by the wonderful Jo of Serendipitous Stitching. Link runs from the 15th until the end of the month. If you would like to find out more and maybe join up go HERE!

Read all about who's joining in with GG this month HERE (on Jo's blog).


Hello Dear Reader,

I don't have much to show this month! I haven't been stitching ..... I've been working on "A Fragile Nature", but ..... when we were shopping the other day I had a look at the magazines, like you do, and I just couldn't resist buying a copy of the March issue of Cross Stitcher which had this lovely free gift, and as a free gift this project qualifies for GG!


"Love & Roses"
Usual disclaimers apply here ..... I am not being paid, etc... however the free gift really appealed to me because it wasn't Aida, I think the fabric is linen, and the kit includes ribbons with instructions on how to make a spider web ribbon rose which is something I've been wanting to do but not had the ribbon to do it. The pattern is a mix of cross stitch and embroidery, with felt for the backing and a badge pin, oh and buttons too!

The Flashing Scissors
"Love & Roses"

Before I start stitching I always enlarge the pattern I'm working on and adhere it to A4 card, fold, add a Key, and punch holes for the threads. Usually I colour the pattern in as I stitch and then can tell where I’m up to. Couldn’t do that this time as it’s a coloured pattern, but it’s still easier to follow if it’s been enlarged. I did the same with the instructions too ..... and stuck them on the back of the card. The fabric is just the right size to use in a small hoop.

And so on Friday evening I was quite excited to get stitching!

It's a nice small project, easy to carry about, and it will be a pretty brooch, and since the badge I’d been making hasn't progressed lately I thought this would be a nice "quick” little project.

Now I just need some hand cream to sooth my dry winter hands to stop them catching on the cottons!

Keep Warm!

Whatcher stitchin'?



Hugs,
Barbara xxx



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara what a lovely free gift,and great tips you have given us for working with cross stitch,hope you have a lovely day xx

Kaisievic said...

This definitely fits the GG bill, Barbara and I love how organised you are with your pattern and your floss - very clever.

Pamela said...

A pretty little gift! You are so organized!

Mini said...

I love cover kits, so easy to carry around. Great that this one is non -Aida. Just a word of caution , try and hide the pattern in the post as its against copyright to show patterns like this even if they are free.

handmade by amalia said...

What a perfect gift, Barbara, I'm looking forward to seeing it finished. I've started work on a picnic blanket. It was supposed to be an in-between project as I've promised to make something else, but I've become addicted and won't put it down :-)
Amalia
xo

Christine said...

I've got that kit sitting on my desk too, it's refreshingly different

Queeniepatch said...

it is easy to see how much you enjoy this free gift! Enjoy!

KimM said...

How nice - and a bonus is you can easily take it anywhere. I'll look forward to seeing it finished.
xxx

Rhona said...

These little free gifts are wonderful for something quick to stitch and this one seems really nice having a variety of techniques to try!

Sheryl said...

Interesting and lovely free gift Barbara.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I like your method of organisation.What a lovely little project.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

It's always great to get a free gift, especially when you actually use it. Nice carry along project.
xx, Carol

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I also have this cover kit! You've made a nice start.

Catherine said...

Oh this sounds like a such a fun project! The buttons will be so cute!

Renee said...

Beautiful! Have fun with it. :) Ribbon roses are so much fun to make. (Now, I'm wishing I did not have commitments today, so I could play with mine...) ;)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I have been SO good and stayed away from buying magazines for nearly two years now. And no, I won't be scouting for this one....no, no....I won't. Get thee behind me temptation....

Brigitte said...

This is definitely lovely free gift. The British magazines often have wonderful free gifts and whenever I see a British magazine somewhere I have a look at their free gift.

Birthe Marie said...

It is so pretty little gift! Thank you for sharing good ideas.
:-)