Sunday, June 14, 2020

This is it! The Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade

Hello my friends,

Oh dear, I thought I'd be able to use the old Blogger system but it seems I am forced into using the new one as it was the only way I could access my photos!

Today I am joining Ida's Perfectly Pleasing Pincushion Parade, you will see the link top right. Do pop over to read all the details ..... there are prizes to be won!!!

  • This is my absolute favourite, I call her my Polka Dot Lady, I wonder why, but I never put a pin in her. Do you like her face mask? It's crocheted, based on an actual face mask pattern I saw on the web! It can cover her mouth but then she gets too hot!
 
Polka Dot Lady


I am always searching for the perfect sewing kit, and each one I make seems to be the best idea!

I find I use different pincushions in different places!

When I started making this one I was actually meaning to make a pincushion in the shape of a bag, but when I came to fill the pincushion I found I couldn’t help lining it and making it into a bag!


  • Inside there is room for two cotton reels, and pockets for scissors, a ripper, and pencil. 
Then, on the front, space to keep a needle threader handy.


The pincushion and thread keeper are attached by poppers 
and can be tucked inside the bag for safekeeping. 




  • I use this skinny pinnie (1.5" x 5.5") at the sewing machine: 


with rubber on the base it doesn't slip.


and it sits neatly next to the needle as I stitch!

  • This is one I made this year and showed on my Instagram account (@flashinscissors). The fabric came from Zoe Mayson @zoemayson.


  • and lastly two I've recently finished - 



It’s not too late to join in - pop over to Ida's to read all the details!





Hugs,
Barbara xxx



20 comments:

Sheryl said...

Lots of pretty pincushions Barbara, I particularly like the gorgeous little bag with plenty of room for all your sewing gear - the colour is so pretty too, as is the fabric from Zoe Mayson.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Love all your pincushions but the little dog is my favourite :)

Julie said...

Great selection. The bag is so sweet.

Anaisa said...

wow! preciosos todos tus alfileteros y la bolsa de costura es una lindura en verdad!!bello todo!!

Besotes y abrazos inmensos!!

Faith... said...

They are pretty pincushions! I still think the dog is m favorite! :)

Queeniepatch said...

You make such stylish and practical things. I see why you can't put a pin in your Polka Dot Lady - it would be too painful!
Poppers and anti slide rubber on the various items are working well, I am sure.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Precious works, Barbara!
Thanks for sharing.
Greetings from Spain

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

I love them all but the little bag is definitely my favorite. What a perfect place for all your sewing needs!

Hilachas said...

Such pretty pincushions. I especially like the polka-dot lady. I like the little hexie pincushion in your "wanna-be" pincushion basket, cute story. Thanks for sharing all your lovely creations.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Your pincushions are so cute - and I can see why you wouldn't be putting pins into that adorable little lady. And I like how your original idea morphed into a little bag. So often things we're making simply demand to be something else altogether.

Lin said...

Lovely Barbara. No, I couldnt stick in pin in your lady either! I do adore your little sewing bag with its attachments, so pretty. I sill need to make myself a skinny pinny - I think I promised myself one after the last PPPP lol.And of course your dog and bone are so cute. xx

Diana Moriel said...

Your bag and pincushion are lovely, I like all the compartments the bag has!
Kisses

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous pincushions. I love the Polka Dot Lady too.

Lynette said...

I love your pincushion parade! They are all so unique and fun. I am drawn to the skinnie pinnie as it seems like it would be perfect for lots of places around your sewing area. Thanks for sharing.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Barb wow i love your pin cushions especially the Polka dot lady ,she is my favourite.xx

Eli R. said...

Hi Barbara! Muchas gracias por compartir este precioso evento, gracias a ti me he unido al PPPP y ha sido muy agradable, poco a poco he estado viendo todas las participaciones, no podía dejar de visitarte. El bolso es precioso, efectivamente era mejor dejarlo sin rellenar, un acierto total dejarlo como bolso! y ese perrito (que también tienes en tu banner) es adorable!!!

Eli
XX

Helen said...

Hello Barbara, love all your wonderful pincushion must admit mz favourite is the little dog also.x

Astrids dragon said...

So many beautifully finished pincushions! I must say I like the bag the best, it's extra useful!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a wonderful parade of pincushions. Your polka dot lady is my very favourite and I love your dog. I also think the bag is wonderful. As I said, a wonderful parade :)

R's Rue said...

Beautiful