Saturday, May 13, 2017

Finish It Up Friday! - A post full of "Mini's"

Hello,

You might have seen my previous posts where I have been contemplating what to do with some 1.5" vintage squares in my scrap collection ..... (if not see my previous post).

Well ..... Yay! .... today here is my Mini Travel Kit finished!

"Weighing In" at approximately 3.5" x 4.5"(9 x 12 cms), 
with a Mini Pincushion, approximately 1 3/4"(4.5 cms) in diameter.

I also used quite a few larger pieces from my Vintage Scrap bag.

Front
Front view - Mini Sewing Kit
Ta -dah! Complete with Mini pincushion!

Back
Back view - Mini Sewing Kit
And, here's a Mini  home made button!

I am sure you will be able to see the "secret method" I have employed to attach to whichever handbag I happen to be using!!!

Front - Mini Sewing Kit
..... pockets empty .....

Oh, and did I say? .... that large creamy expanse in the middle ..... might some day be a suitable place to add an embroidered name tag ..... and, darn it, that reminds me I haven't added a label!

Working on a Mini Pincushion
.... and, full again!
Mini pincushion in progress, in foreground   

I couldn't finish without a photo of some of the wild (Mini) strawberry flowers in our garden, complete with Mini bee (please ignore the other wild plants in the view).

Mini Bee and Wild Strawberry flowers


*********

Thank you so much for visiting, do come again!

I hope you are having a super weekend.




Hugs,
Barbara xxx


Linking to:
Crazy Mum Quilts for "Finish it up Friday"
and Quilting is more Fun than Housework for "Oh Scrap"

26 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a lovely travelling kit, very clever idea.

Laura said...

Cute and very handy!

sunny said...

You certainly are in a mini mood! Love the little sewing kit. I might need to make something similar.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

It's lovely, I especially like the tiny pincushion, very pretty.

Pamela said...

Great idea. It will be very useful.

Tiffstitch said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

wow Barbara they look fantastic,what a great idea xx

Annet said...

Such a lovely travel kit, love the pincushion!

Queeniepatch said...

A super kit! The pincushion is a jewel!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Very cool, Barbara!! So portable.
Have a great day.
xx, Carol

FlashinScissors said...

Awwww! That's sweet, let me know if you do! I'd love to see!

Barbara x

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you Laura, both for visiting, and above all for your lovely comment!!
Barbara x

Mii Stitch said...

So clever! .... and most importantly, will definitely come in handy :)

Birthe Marie said...

A cute and lovely sewing kit. I love it! :-)

Mary Marcotte said...

Hi Barbara, this mini is just adorable. I love the colors and that adorable pincushion. The only question is can it hold enough pins for the project? Haha, I actually made one too small once, so I always think about that with mini-pincushions. You must have a pretty large stash of vintage fabrics.
Thanks for coming by!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh, yum!!! I remember spending hours picking wild strawberries when I was a kid. They were SO good!! Your latest sewing kit is absolutely perfect. It's obvious that there was a lot of thought that went into its creation!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

That is a good idea and it looks great :)

Lin said...

That is so lovely Barbara - small is beautiful! and your travel kit certainly is. xx

Rachel said...

That's a cute stitching accessory!!! Hmm....yummy strawberries! Hopefully you get a lot of berries :)

handmade by amalia said...

Clever and pretty, Barbara, another great project.
Amalia
xo

Brigitte said...

... and here it is, all finished up, the mini travelling kit. What a creative idea with all the bits and pieces that you added.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet and love the colors!!

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for the lovely comment!
Barbara x

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you, Rachel!
We have many strawberry flowers this year, but there have been a lot of frosty mornings ..... we heard on a gardening programme that if the centre of the flowers go black we will have lost the strawberry! So we are hoping we have seen the last of the frost now! We'll see!
Barbara x

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you, Mary! I will only use the pin cushion for my travel stitching, and mostly as a needle keeper ..... generally I will then only be using the odd one or two pins.
Barbara x

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous kit and so useful Barbara. Pretty colours and a very handy pincushion, perfect.