Monday, May 29, 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness and a Catchup!

Hello!

Late again!

I'm linking to Jo (of Serendipitous Stitching) for May's Gifted Gorgeousness ..... just in time!

~

My blogging friend Christine of The Mulberry Mouse (formerly blogging as UK City Crafter) very kindly sent me this sweet brooch, which she had crocheted, and the pretty ribbons. (For a link to the daffodil pattern, by Lucy of "Attic 24", visit Christine's blog by clicking HERE)

It was lovely to wear Christine's brooch to my handicraft group, where it got many complements!

Lovely gift from Christine

And, as it happened, Christine's yellow ribbon was just what I needed to make sure I keep track of my teeny travel scissors, and added a sweet 'pop' of sunshine to my newly finished Sewing Kit (which started as an inkling of an idea HERE, progressing HERE, and finishing HERE).

Travel Sewing kit - back
Travel Sewing Kit - Back
Travel Sewing Kit - front
Travel Sewing Kit - Front 

********

It's been a few weeks since you've seen my cross stitching, and as these three projects qualify for Gifted Gorgeousness too, here they are!

The first was a present from Jacquie of "My Journey"

Stitch by Stitch (Anchor kit)
"Stitch by Stitch" - Anchor 

The next two are my travel projects, but as I've been suffering with a cold that has turned into a horrid cough we haven't been travelling much lately ..... so not much progress. However, the last time I was travelling I finished the frame and started stitching some of the lilac stitches on Butterfly.

Heritage kit - Butterfly
Butterfly - Heritage kit
(A present from family)

The pattern for the beehive says this takes 5 hours to stitch, and despite the fact that I only stitch a little here and there, I would say this is taking at least five times that!  It's tiny, and has lots of half stitches!

Beehive progress
 This was a free gift in a magazine!

There's only a couple of bees to stitch .... then it's on to the backstitching 

Thank you for dropping by! I'm off to catch up on reading everyone's blogs!

Have a great week!


Hugs,
Barbara x



20 comments:

Kim said...

Christine's spring-filled brooch is very pretty; you are a lucky gal. Sweet cross stitch projects.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a pretty daffodil! So sorry you're feeling cough-ish - get better soon!!!

Queeniepatch said...

You got some lovely gifts and instantly found use for two, the daffodil and the yellow ribbon.
I hope you recover from your cold and cough, and soon can go traveling with your beautiful hussif.

Lin said...

Lovely gifts from Chris and some pretty stitching going on there. xx

Brigitte said...

This brooch is awesome. No wonder that you got many compliments in your craft group. And you have three beautiful cross stitch projects on the go.

Mini said...

Such a pretty brooch from your friend. Wow the sewing kit is fab, must be tough to make.
Lovely cross stitch projects.

Mii Stitch said...

I love the daffodil!! Beautiful!
Great stitching too :)

Chris of UK City Crafter said...

Pleased you liked the brooch, I think your beehive is worth all your trouble, it's going to be splendid.

Birthe Marie said...

Nice yellow ribbons, and the daffodil brooch is so cute. A lovely gift!
I also love your pretty embroderies. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,oh I love your new brooch it's so pretty ,such beautiful work,thankyou for sharing xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love the crocheted daffodil and the pretty ribbons, the perfect finishing touch for your scissors.

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous daffodil brooch and pretty ribbon which came in so useful and I like the travelling sewing kit - just this afternoon I was working with the same blue polka dot fabric :-)

Wendy said...

pretty stitching. I have no idea where they get stitching times from - unless the model stitchers sit down and get on with it, whereas I potter around, sit down, stitch a length of thread, get up, wander round... !

love the brooch

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That is a gorgeous brooch!! Love your cross stitch, though it has been years since I cross stitched. My husband and I are always saying it just takes us a lot longer to do things today than it used to. I think we just get more interruptions now. Here it is Thursday and it's the first time I have been on the blogs all week. Geez.
xx, Carol

Rachel said...

Wow! That brooch is beautiful and well worth the comments :)

Love all the stitching projects. It is amazing when small projects take more time than big ones! Lol

Have a great weekend!!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

The butterfly brooch is beautiful and your projects look lovely. I haven't cross stitched in ages because I find it takes me forever to finish anything but I'm enjoying seeing your projects grow :)

Kaisievic said...

Such lovely yellows in the ribbon and the brooch, Barbara. Your travelling pieces are very sweet but I don't like the sound of that cough - look after yourself, my dear.

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Little projects can sometime take more time to make... lol

Sok Sareth said...

More beautiful makes, Barbara, and I love the new header as well. You are all set for summer :-)
ลาลีกา

Ulrikes Smaating said...

Hej Barbara,
i like your travel sewing kit and should sew one for my self :0) thanks for the tutorial...ganz LG aus Dänemark, Ulrike :0)