Monday, November 09, 2020

Naughty November


Hello Dear Reader,


Today I am joining Rachel of "Ten Hour Stitcher" and her friends for "Naughty November"! As there are a few so many little cross stitch projects I've been meaning to stitch  (and especially the Christmas ones) I decided this was definitely time for me to join in!





The idea being that during “Naughty November” we see how many new starts we can work on ..... sooo, and this is my first - a little Christmas freebie from Lizzie Kate entitled Cozy Christmas Wishes (and a big "Thank You" to Mary Anne of Magpies Mumblings for pointing me in LK’s direction!)  



Started: Saturday 7th November! 

Working on 14 count Aida stitching from stash so some of my colours will differ from the pattern. 


I wasn't quite sure if there were any rules for this SAL at the time of starting so I also started searching out threads for two other new starts.  Doesn't it take an age finding the right colours?!?


Anyway the two projects I was prepping are: Christmas Cheers and some Christmas tags which I am going to stitch as cards, hopefully more to show you next week!



I'm still struggling with "New Blogger" but finding new things all the time! And, most importantly today I found where they put the centering button!!!!! Yay!!!

If you look at the options bar at the top of your draft there is a little character/button with three dots, thus:   ...

if you touch said button it shows you further options and for ages I wondered why there wasn't an option for centring! but, go on, I know you've already found it! But if you haven't, like me, touch the most left button and you  will see the missing options! Yay!!!!


Anyway, that's my find for the day, hope it helps!


Now, will you dare to become one of us, and join in with "Naughty November" ???  Tee hee!


Wishing you all a Very Happy Week whatever you are working on!



Hugs, 

Barbara xxx

And why is it now the setting for line spacing to be 1.5 lines ..... aaaargh!




18 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in with Naughty November!
The idea is for one new start each weekend during the month but I always believe SALs should be fun and flexible, so if you want to start and show more please do; we can never see enough new starts!
LK is perfect for finding those quick little Christmas ornies. Good luck with choosing more; can't wait to see them next week! :)

Kim said...

You have some lovely new 'Naughty November's makes there. Have fun stitching.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

You are sure to have a great time at this SAL and have some wonderful jobs left, Barbara.
Hugs from Spain

Cathy said...

I like your choice for your first start. I'm starting one every day in November and December, too.

Katie said...

Great new naughty start. Enjoy your new starts no matter how many you do.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love how you sorted out your floss colors using that card, Barbara! That's a great idea!

Tiffstitch said...

Great new start! I love how the LKs can stitch up quickly. I think we're mostly starting on the weekends, but start as many as you like. :)

Lin said...

Well, I have started my new sketchbook project - not sure if that counts but it is purely pleasure whereas I also NEED to make a birthday present which I shall enjoy but dont think it comes under the naughty heading! Have fun with your cross stitch projects. xx

Celtic Thistle said...

That is a lovely project to start your Naughty November with Barbara, and thanks for providing the link to a great New to Me resource :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I don't think I've ever seen a stitchalong involving 'starts' before - what fun! I think all of us could play along with that one. Glad you found something on one of the sites I shared that is a fun project. Looking forward to seeing it progress!

Sheryl said...

Great start on your November stitching Barbara,

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great new start, L*K are always fun designs. I'm doing this SAL too, with some very tiny starts!
I didn't realise the new Blogger is different for some people. I use Chrome on my laptop and everything is pretty much the same, certainly no hidden icons.

Faith... said...

I love your LK! Her pieces do stitch up fast and they are cute too. Looking forward to seeing what else you have for November!

My Sister Made Me Do It.... said...

Can I just be Naughty in November without joining? LOL......you are right about choosing colors.....in every project it seems that is the longest process! Have fun with your stitching...it already looks good!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I don’t know about stating a cross stitch but you have reminded me I have at least two n the go - I wonder where they are 😂

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I'm looking forward to all your new stitching projects. I tend to get fixated on one thing at a time but having lots of projects makes for an interesting blog. Perhaps I need to start some more :)

Christine B said...

Some lovely new starts for November Barbara! Hugs Christine xx

Christine said...

Great new start. I am forever starting new projects without finishing older ones, so I guess I must just be year round naughty!