Sunday, September 17, 2017

Teeny tiny finishes! Yay!



Oops, I'm late to the party, as usual, so much I want to do at the moment!

Anyway, I am linking to Amanda Jean's "Crazy Mom Quilts" for Finish It Up Friday ..... Here!



I have two small finishes to share this week:

The Flashing Scissors
First finish!


And for my second finish:


Earlier this week we had a visit from a friend we hadn't seen in donkey's years, and the night before she arrived I had the crazy idea that I should make her something. So ..... I quickly stitched up a tissue cover from two of my favourite fabrics (if you are new to my blog you can read details about making tissue covers here, and the photos are a bit better there too!). 

I took this picture as I finished stitching, and had meant to take one in the daylight the next morning ..... unfortunately with preparations for her imminent arrival I totally forgot!

The Flashing Scissors
Second finish


But, back to the first finish:


I made a book holder for myself a couple of years ago, and recently DH asked if I could make one for him.

The Flashing Scissors
More nighttime stitching .....
The Flashing Scissors

There was cutting:

The Flashing Scissors

And, quilting/embroidery .....

The Flashing Scissors

and varnishing in the "Man Cave"

The Flashing Scissors

that's  v-a-r-n-i-s-h-i-n-g, not  v-a-n-i-s-h-i-n-g as DH read it! Tee, hee!


The Flashing Scissors

And while I was doing my photo shoot both our little helpers wanted to be involved!

The Flashing Scissors

However, Tom is one very stubborn but lovable cat, and he just would NOT look round!

The Flashing Scissors

The Flashing Scissors


The Flashing Scissors
Mitsey always wants to know what is happening!

The Flashing Scissors

Oh dear, I see from these photos our poor garden bench is in definite need of a couple of coats of something! Oh well, a job for another day!

The Flashing Scissors


Do pop over to Amanda Jean's to see what others have finished this week, and I know you will especially love to see Amanda Jean's gorgeous bag!



So ..... what to stitch next?

Well I think I'm back to making Mini Sewing Kits. What about you, what are you making?

I look forward to hearing from you!

Keep stitching!!! 




Barbara xxx




10 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a clever idea! I have never seen one of these before. Beautifully made too.

Janet said...

I love the bookholder. I can certainly think of times I could have used one! I also love the language confusion with hubby. He is probably the one who vanishes in the man cave. :)

SuperMomNoCape said...

What a fun idea! I've never seen anything like it before. No wonder your husband wanted one too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barbara,lovely projects my friend,well done,love your fur baby xx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I love the book holder. But I'm confused! (It doesn't take much) is the bar thick or thin? Are the embroidered bits the "marshmallows" on the ends? They looked much bigger when they were flat! Do you have instructions????

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

The book holder is very clever. I can imagine one of those must come in very useful. I expect your husband and your friend are delighted with their new gifts :)

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

The book holder is unique. And nice padded ends in case you need to give someone a soft bop on the head, lol. You got lots done, of I see you are like me, do one thing and see another that needs to be done. Never ending.
xx, Carol

Queeniepatch said...

Never seen such a clever book holder before! Great idea. So the string is elastic?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Oh wow! We had a cat named Mitzy and she was grey & white just like yours!! I love your book holder - never seen such a thing before and it would be so handy when you want to read outside. Love it!

Josie said...

What a great idea, absolutely perfect for those autumn days when the sun is shining but the wind is blowing!