Today I am joining in with Kerry over at Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict for her "March Madness"! ..... because it tickled me when I read about the idea, and I just had to have a go!!!
By the way, if you don't know what a Biscornu is, you will see one or two in Kerry's blog header as soon as you visit. You will also be able to read more about Kerry's themes for each month! Look in her header bar for the category "Theme-tas-stitch 2017" ! I think it's a really great idea to have a different target each month .... well done Kerry for sharing!
The idea for March was to work on as many projects as possible.
My first project for March was something totally new to me!
This was a workshop, entitled "Printing for Quilting", held by my local Handicraft Group, (and I will blog about it in a separate post) so, for now, I'll just say: it was block printing onto fabric ..... tell you more in a few days.
|The fabrics you can see here were my attempts!|
The yellow and green fabrics were scraps I had tie dyed a couple of years ago at a Summer Workshop, which I thought might look better with some printing. Not terribly good photos .... you can't really see my printing very well!
|This one is mine too - destined to become a book cover ....|
Then I joined in with a wonderful blog hop: Quilter's Laundry Day blog hop ..... it was such fun! You can read all about it in this post!
I met lots of bloggers I didn't know, and rediscovered a few I'd found earlier, and had lost track of! Shows how important it is to "follow" those blogs you enjoy!
After all the patchwork, and basting I wasn't sure how to actually quilt my block, hence I cut out, and basted an 11" practise block (basically a sandwich of 2 calico squares with polyester wadding in between them).
But I panicked when I found I couldn't FMQ (Free Motion Quilt), despite covering the feed dogs and using an embroidery foot!
|It was pretty disastrous!|
|Such a waste of cotton!|
On my train journeys I was able to stitch a little more of my tulips in vase project, (mostly the stems)
and, on last Friday's journey I started this project .....
Stitching in the evening, I added a few leaves around the little blue flowers on this one!
And yesterday I was working on "Cocoa Sampler"
|It took ages just adding the heart|
surrounded by purple stitches (not blue)!
Oh dear, only seven projects, I thought I would do more, I had another cross stitch kit poised ready to stitch, but "reporting in" date was yesterday, so all stitching is on hold for now!
I haven't been able to work on the number of projects Kerry has! Tee hee! But, it was fun seeing how many I could stitch in March ..... and the month isn't over yet!
Now I'm off to do some visiting, and see what everyone else is stitching! Why don't you come and have a look too, at
Kerry's Ramblings of a Biscornu Addict for "Theme-tas-stitch 2017",
but don't forget to say "Hi" here first! Tee hee!!!!!
I look forward to hearing from you, and I especially love to know if I've given you that little push to join in somewhere along the way! (Smiles ... tee hee!)