Saturday, May 09, 2015

Spring Purse - Part 3 (A Finish)

I'm happy to say "It's a Finish"!  If you are new to my blog you will be able to see parts 1 & 2 earlier on the blog. 

I've spent the last couple of evenings hand stitching the base into place and finally the zip.

Front


Back

Pockets and zip
A purse wouldn't be complete without a pocket or two!

Base
The base was stab-stitched to the body of the bag.

I was really pleased with the finish of this base as it wasn't from a pattern and I had to plan the shape and size and was a little worried whether it would fit neatly but it did!

So I'm off out on a walk to enjoy carrying my new purse about!

Hope you have a super weekend.

See you soon!

Barbara xx

12 comments:

deanna7trees said...

oh i adore your purse.....so many fun elements. i know it will be fun to carry. looks like i'm not getting the e-mails telling me you've done a blog post. will just have to come over here and check once in awhile. don't want to miss anything.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a pretty purse! I'm sure you are going to be getting lots of compliments on it.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for your comments, Deanna, I think I will have to remove the gadget for subscribing and start again! Do you use Google+? I'm wondering whether I should try that?

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for your kind comments Mary Anne. Now to try and finish another WIP.

Unknown said...

It's so pretty! The hand stitching is just gorgeous, you've done it so neatly. Are they little mirrors too? Cute!

jackie said...

Yes,a lovely little bag, and quite unique.
Thank you for visitng my blog and taking time to comment.

karen said...

this is a beautiful little purse Barbara, so very delicate and feminine. Thanks for visiting, I really appreciate that you took the time. Have an amazing day x

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you, Clare, for your kind comments. Yes, they are mirrors and they are Shisha mirrors (Indian origins) and I don't think I've provided a link anywhere but if anyone wants to try them there are lots of tutorials via Pinterest and Google.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you too for visiting my blog and for your kind comments Jackie. I loved your shisha stitching without mirrors too, lovely colours!

Annet said...

Such a pretty purse, I love it!

Peggy said...

So lovely, inside and out, I adore the colors. xo

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Peggy, thank you for your kind comments.