Sunday, September 23, 2018

Slow Sunday Stitching

Hi Kathy, and blogging friends,


I was just passing by, hadn't intended to say hello, but I couldn't resist!

No embroidery, but I am using tiny hand stitches to complete my polka dot lady.

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk
Don't forget, click on any photo to get a bigger picture!

There is a close up of her embroidered face here and, of course, if you are seeing the full web picture of my blog today she's in the header too. (Once she's finished I'll write a full post and give you all the details of where the pattern came from, if you're interested.)


Kathy asked what the weather was like, and if we are stitching outdoors ..... afraid not, not here! This is my preferred outdoor stitching area:

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

and my second choice, depending on where the sun is ....

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

Boy is it raining now! I heard on the radio that it had been a very windy night, but I didn't hear a sound, I must have slept heavily!

Oh, and you wouldn't believe it DH and a neighbour are out walking in it ..... there was a pre-booked guided walk they didn't want to miss! They are each wearing double layers of waterproofs. Poor things!

Our dear furbabies aren't too happy ..... rainy day routine! (Oops couldn't get a picture of our other cat, he doesn't show up very well being totally black!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk



So that's all from me, but I'm wondering ..... what are you stitching .....and are you stitching outdoors?

Looking forward to hearing from you.


And a really BIG "thank you" to all who commented on my last post!



Hugs,
Barbara xxx
Linking to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching

23 comments:

Kim said...

Sounds like a perfect day to be stitching indoors if you ask me. Your Polka Dot Lady is looking fabulous. It was a beautiful and sunny Spring Sunday down here at the bottom of the world. =)

Little Penpen said...

I love your sassy polka dot lady!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

It's the first full day of fall here in the US, but in our neck of the woods it will be hot and dry. I'm ready for a cool down and some rain! It looks like you're having fun with your polka dot lady!

Deb said...

Rainy days are perfect for stitching or reading, the polka dot lady is coming along she is just lovely.

CathieJ said...

Your lady is very pretty. It is cloudy and a threatening rain here so there won't be any outdoor stitching today.

Christine said...

The polka dot lady is looking fabulous.
We had rain and high winds too, but it's cleared up this afternoon and is supposed to be nice next week so I'm hoping to get out into the garden

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your doll looks lovely. I've not been outside since Friday as it's raining and I have a stinking cold!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your polka dot lady - as I may have mentioned before! We've had the same weather as you but Fiona (our cat) goes out in all weathers. She came in last night soaked to the skin. I was actually quite glad of the rain, though, to get some sewing done. I just hope it hasn't set in for the whole Winter now :)

Pamela said...

Great job on your lady! We've been having some rainy days too. The good thing is that the temperatures are cooler when it rains. Your kitty looks very sweet.

rosey175 said...

What a fun little doll! And fun little cat loaf! Glad the rain didn't spoil the husband plans; those are Very Important.

No rain here; and things are getting a bit crispy! The weather has been absolutely beautiful this weekend though. No stitching outside but no being in the house either.

handmade by amalia said...

I like both your outdoor stitching areas, Barbara, I want to say sorry that you can't use them but in fact I am so jealous. I would love for us to get some proper rain to clean the air and start autumn in style. I'm hoping it will come soon. I'm in the mood for some stitching as well, maybe some cross stitch, it's been all knitting and crochet for a while now.
Love the polka dot lady, looking forward to seeing more of her.
Amalia
xo

Lin said...

I like your header picture. Wet days mean happy sewing days, hope DH enjoyed the walk. xx

Clare-Aimetu said...

Your polka dot lady is looking great. Just listening to the weather and you may be able to use your lovely outdoor areas again soon.

Kate @ Smiles From Kate said...

Your polka dot lady looks like a fun project, just the thing to brighten up a rainy dull day.

Brigitte said...

She is so beautiful, your Polka Dot lady. Lovely face and nice dress.
Here it's also too cold to sit outside and read or sew now. Last week it was still possible with a blanket over the feet.
I sometimes love walking in bad weather particularly when it's stormy and just a bit rainy - just not too much rain so thatI don'r get soaked in it, lol.

Faith... said...

She looks spectacular! Will she be a pin cushion or just a cute lady to decorate your space?

Here it is HOT but I live in Tucson, AZ so hot is expected, year round but unfortunately it is to hot to sit outside and stitch right now as out temps hoover around 100!!

Faith... said...

Forgot to say I love your purple pages!

Julie said...

Your stitching spot looks lovely, hope you can manage some time there this week as the sunshine comes back for us.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There won't be any outdoor stitching here for months, unfortunately. Your lady is looking great - and it's lovely to know that you have studio inspectors keeping an eye on your work.

Wendy said...

a lovely day to be stitching inside! All summer I blamed the wonderful weather on the fact I hadn't done much work renovating my house... now I need a new excuse!

Astrids dragon said...

She's looking great so far!
I think the rain has finally taken a break here, so we should at least have a good weekend. I hope it clears up for you soon too!
Sweet kitty, my kitties like to keep my company while stitching, inside or out.

Sheryl said...

Your Polka dot lady is looking lovely. We are still having wonderful weather here although it is getting chilly in the evenings. I like your sewing spots,

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

She is adorable! I love her mouth and eyes. They are very beautifully done. Have a nice week, dear!