Thursday, October 10, 2019

Teeny Cushion Cover - Finished!

Hi there,

On my last post I showed you the start of my Teeny Cushion, and Yay! here it is, finished!!!

This was a little project using some of the scraps I'd been gifted and only two colours from my stash.

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

I was inspired by Patty of Elm Street Quilts who showed us the cushion she had made - HERE. On her wonderful blog!

Do you remember last time I showed you a photo of the plan, with the back  and front almost finished?
theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk
Top of picture is my pattern,
Middle -  reverse pieces,
and bottom is the main cover pre-quilting

Patty quilted hers using straight lines, but I'm not confident enough to do the same so I've quilted mine in sections using echo quilting.

You can probably see this best on the back:

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

Theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk
I had a go at swirley lines but no Free Motion Quilting!

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

All stitched together! The two cushion opening on the back overlaps by about an inch - another time I'd overlap more, say, at least, an inch again on each piece.

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

To make a cushion, I used my original pattern piece (without the seam allowance), so that when it is filled it fits inside the cover.

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk
Waiting for me to stitch the gap closed.

And it does fit very nicely, but for some reason it isn't in the cushion cover in this photo, but it was for the picture at the top of this post?!? What am I like!

theflashingscissors.blogspot.co.uk

But, Yay! that's another finish!!! All good, eh!


Just spotted a lovely new project today! 
Patty has been showing how to hand piece and quilt Pumpkins 
Next time I hope to have a finished crochet project to show.
I'm making a hat, hopefully! 
I've made a start ..... you can see a photo on my Ravelry page, under "Projects" ..... 
I'm there as "Knittybarbo"


But for now, I must go!


Look forward to seeing you all again soon.




Hugs,
Barbara xx





19 comments:

Diana Moriel said...

Love your cushion, it has beautiful details, I wish I could sew like you!

Anaisa said...

Que preciosa funda, me encanta la combinación de colores y su alcochado me gusta mucho, nada se compara con lo artesanal es único !!!

Besos y feliz semana!

Pamela said...

Great finish!

Christine B said...

Very cute cushion Barbara and I think your quilting looks great! Looking forward to seeing your crocheted hat! Christine xx

Kim said...

Your teeny cushion is gorgeous, Barbara. Love all that fabulous quilting.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Lovely cushion, Barbara!
I love too the detail of the cover for the control of the television.😉
Kisses from Spain.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I like everything about this little cushion. The fabric and piecing is perfection but your choice of how to quilt it is perfect. Those squigglies are a wonderful contrast. Love it!!
x, Carol

Lin said...

It's a sweet little cushion Barbara. xx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Barb wow I love your new cushion,the colours are beautiful,well done my friend xx

Sandra Walker said...

Oh it’s just so sweet Barbara!! Isn’t it wonderful how we inspire each other in Quilting Blog Land :-)

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

That’s so cute! I tend to think “zippy pouch” with any small pieces but this is great!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Such a sweet little pillow - reminds me of crazy quilt. Thank you for the link to the pumpkin tutorial!

Faith... said...

That really turned out cute! Congrats on the finish ;)

Rhona said...

What a great little finish!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

This is a lovely cushion cover and beautifully quilted :)

Marisa said...

What a cute little cushion. Thanks for showing us the steps to make it. :)
Hugs,
Marisa.

Bethan said...

A lovely cushion cover. I love the quilting you have done for each section - so effective x

handmade by amalia said...

Phew, I finally made it to say hello and admire your makes. It's been such a busy few weeks I've not had any time for blogging or crafting and I really missed my visits here. I hope you're enjoying the autumn, dear Barbara, and I absolutely love the cactus bag.
Amalia
xo

Eli R. said...

Hola Barbara! que hermoso resultado, haz seleccionado bellas tonalidades y estampados de tela, el todo ha dado un resultado muy cute!

Besos