Sunday, October 16, 2022

Gifted Gorgeousness


Hello you wonderful stitchy person! πŸ™‹‍♀️

Today I’m joining Jo at Serendipitous Stitching for Gifted Gorgeousness which is where we show items we’ve received or given as gifts. 

This month I’ve been cross stitching and have actually had a couple of finishes!

The first was a free pattern from Melisa’s blog - Pinker ‘n Punkin Quilting & Stitching and you can look for the pattern under the name “Bees”, strangely enoughπŸ˜†





And this was a free pattern from Ann Woods blog - an Imperial Cat and has now been gifted


And then I’ve finally fully finished a birthday card for my mum’s 90th birthday! 

Happy Birthday mum! Yay!

Can you tell I was really pleased to finally FFO! And at the very last minute I decided it needed a couple of rows of crosses top and bottom ……… just to really finish it off! 😁 I found these patterns in World of Cross stitching …… I think! Just a shame mum can’t actually see this now as she has completely lost her sight! 😟 So sorry I took so long to finish it mumπŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’• xx πŸ˜˜πŸ€—
.



Well, I’m off to visit other Gifted Gorgeousness participants now!



And this is the project I’m currently working on,, once again it’s a free pattern 
from Melisa.  -  Thanks so much Melisa!
I hope to finish it for Jo’s next SAL - Halloween 
Are you playing along? Well even if you’re not don’t forget to visit here and Jo’s blog - Serendipidous Stitching 
on 31 October! πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ’•πŸ™‹‍♀️


See you all again soon (Blogger permitting ……. Grrrr)

Hugs,


Barbara xxx



17 comments:

diamondc said...

Barbara: The bee design and finish are lovely.
Imperial Cat is so fun and adorable, thank-you for the link to the design.
Happy Sweet 90th to your Mother, what a milestone for your family, you have longevity on your side.
The card is so sweet, I have never stitched a card before, something to think about.
Oh my gosh that chicken on the pumpkin is adorable, I am looking forward to seeing your progress.
It's nice to see a post from you.

Catherine

Kate said...

Your cat has lots of "cattitude". You did a good job.

EL INVENTARIO DE MJ said...

Trabajos maravillosos ... por fin terminados!!
Sorprendente el patrΓ³n del gato y maravillosa la tarjeta de tu madre πŸŽ‚πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» Felicidades!!

BESOS

Elfie said...

Great projects. I love the card you stitched for your mother. Even though she may not be able to see it I hope she can feel the stitching.

Isabel para ALROMASAR said...

Some beautiful embroidery Barbara.
You did a good job.
Hugs

Lin said...

Great finishes Barbara - and Happy Birthday Mum! xx

Christine B said...

Beautiful finishes and lucky recipients! Have a good week! Hugs Christine xx

jocondine said...

Such a great cat, so different from usual patterns! The card is very nice, I love those tiny gifts : elegance is in the simplicity! xxx

Faith... said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Sorry about her sight but she can probably run her hands over the card and feel the stitching. Love all your FFOs you have been very busy.

Queeniepatch said...

That''s a beautiful card you made for your mother. I guess she is a knitter?

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Cute wee gifties! Sending happiest of special Birth Day wishes to your wonderful Mom.

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Haappy Birthday to your Mum, she may not be able to see the card but it will have a lovely texture.
Jillxo

Jill at emeraldcottage said...

Happy Birthday to your Mum, even though she won't be able to see her card it will be a lovely texture for her to feel.
Jillxo

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month and welcome back to blogging too!
Your Mum’s card is great, maybe she can feel the stitching like braille?
I love Melissa’s cute freebies especially her latest with the chickens, cats and pumpkins!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely embroideries. Happy belated birthday wishes to mum xx

Astrids dragon said...

What a "bee"autiful finish, and a fun fat cat!
Awe, a Happy Belated Birthday to your sweet Mum, I hope she had a wonderful, special celebration.

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

All of your pieces are so gorgeous, Barbara. I love your finish for BEES and the cat is amazing. Thank you so much for the link and for the sweetest shout out. Hugs.