Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Sittin' in the hot sun

Hi everyone,

I hope all those in this hemisphere are enjoying the very hot weather we've been having lately. Just glad its cooled down a bit today!

~~~~~~~~~~

Last week I've been sitting in the hot sun stitchin' in the garden and FFO (Fully Finished Off) the Butterfly sachet.

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk
My little helper was there too,
but she is shy
and hid behind my work basket.

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk
While I was stitching I noticed an insy wincy spider building a web
on that pot plant, in front of me.
 Can you see it at the top of the leaf on the left?

You know, there's usually a white spider somewhere on yellow flowers!

~~~~~~~~~

Sittin' in the hot sun, I stitched a little "beach hut"! Coming along well, despite the frog visiting again ..... and again!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk
Undoing right in the middle of the picture, countless stitches!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk
Trying to show the area I was working .....
 where my needle is poking through.

Actually, "beach hut" is almost finished and I've stitched a camper van (more frogging unfortunately) into the picture ...... just some back stitch to go. I hope to be back with pictures for Gifted Gorgeousness on the 15th ..... watch this space ....  no on second thoughts don't watch this space, it's tempting fate!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk


~~~~~~~~~

Have you noticed, that when one is out, there's nowhere to leave a hat, if we happen to the have the weather for wearing a summer hat! So, last week I made time to stitch a ribbon to my sun hat ..... only for hanging up when its not in use! The ribbon is stitched in such a way that the hat can be hung up by the ribbon, but when wearing the hat it's quite out of the way and doesn't show! I know, I'm full of ideas no-one else wants or needs! 

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

~~~~~~~~~

While I was sitting a stitchin', a magpie came along and I couldn't resist taking a photograph of him!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

Oh, and then I just wandered round the garden trying to find the best of our roses.

This one?

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

or these

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

and a close up, as this is one of my favourites!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

Or maybe red is best?

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

but then again white is quite nice!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

(Apologies to my Mum, I'm afraid the rose bush you bought for my birthday one year has shown its best earlier in the year and I don't have a picture!)


This is one of our wild areas where the slow worms can hide away from our cats; where brambles, wild strawberries and vetch grow (not to mention a good few weeds!).  You can see the slow worm from last time if you missed it HERE but I won't show it today as I know some of you don't like to see them!

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk

TheFlashingScissors.blogspot.co.uk


Hope you've been Happy Stitchin' too!





Hugs,
Barbara xxx






18 comments:

Pamela said...

It's been very hot here in Japan too. The sachet is a great idea! Your flowers are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb beautiful stitching as always,love your pics of your beautiful flowers and what a good idea with the ribbon on the hat xx

Queeniepatch said...

Do you have time to sew with so many beautiful roses to look after and enjoy looking at?
Yes, you do have time, and the result is a charming holiday scene, and a practical ribbon for the hat. Yes, it is a nuisance not to have anything to hang a hat from.

Catherine - Hillview Embroidery said...

You have managed a lot of stitching in all the heat! It must be wonderful to sit outside and stitch in your lovely garden.

Mini said...

The sachet looks lovely and the beach hut is coming along well. Nice pics of the bord and flowers.
By the way how can one enjoy heat? I dread summers.

Kim said...

How lovely to be able to enjoy all that lovely hot weather and get lost in a little cross stitching. Your butterfly sachet is pretty and the beach huts are coming along beautifully. Beautiful roses there. I can just imagine the gorgeous perfume they all exude.

Justine said...

What a beautiful garden you have. I love roses. My parents had lots of rose bushes when we were growing up, I still remember the names and their positions in the garden!
Lovely summer stitching too, you have been busy.

Christine B said...

Beautiful stitching Barbara and I just loved the photos of the roses... they are always among my favourite flowers. Christine xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

"Wild Area". I like that term. I have often wondered what I should call MY wild area. The hot and humid weather has it looking like a jungle, but there are several bird nests in there and birds flit in and out finding dinner, I think so I'll not disturb it for a while yet. "Slow Worm"? Looks like a snake to me, ick. Your roses are lovely. I moved mine last year to one area and they are stunned this year. Thanks for the tip on the hat hanger. I'll use THAT one!

Keep cool and hope you are having a great day.
xx, Carol

Mary Ann Tate said...

That ribbon idea is excellent...I must do that to my hat too. I took a look at the slow worm. We don't have them here as far as I know. Too bad as I have plenty of slugs and snails. Your roses are beautiful. Sadly it's been too hot for them this year...they are frazzled with the heat and wilt very quickly.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice finishing and lovely work on the Camper Van, a great design for this time of year.
The roses look lovely too.

rosey175 said...

No, I am certainly not enjoying this hot weather! I could do without summer! Except I do like the garden productions... Those roses are gorgeous. Hmm, I love peace roses and your favs look close! I dunno how you manage to sit outside and stitch but you've got lovely progress on your beachy piece.

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet butterfly and the beach hut is coming along nicely. Frogs aren't allowed on the beach!
Your roses are beautiful, how can you pick the best one?!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely stitching Barbara.I think your sun hat ribbon is a great idea.
What absolutely beautiful roses

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What fun to see a real magpie! Nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy some stitching and a stroll through those beautiful roses. Bet they smell heavenly!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Lovely stitching and garden photos, Barbara, and I likr your hat hanging idea :)

Brigitte said...

Your fully finished butterly sachet looks so nice, a really great finish. And so summer-y. Sorry that the frog visited so often when you were stitching your beach hut piece. I hope it will stay away from now on.
Your roses are wonderful, it must be a delight to smell them.

Mary Marcotte said...

Oh I miss my roses! Yours are stunning! I may come over and sniff them, okay?