Wednesday, March 21, 2018

ORTs and TUSAL - March 2018

Hello dear friends, old and new,


I'm joining in with Daffycat, albeit late again!

I hope you can see my ORTs at the back of the photo! I was rushing a bit to catch the daylight!

My latest ORTs are sitting between the little pink Mini Thread Catcher and TUSAL jar (to make your own MTC see my "Tutorial" folder, above).

It might not look a lot, but I’m one of those peeps who don’t like to waste any cotton and I stitch to the very end of each piece of thread, sometimes even having trouble securing them because I try to keep stitching when I should have fastened off long ago!


My ORTs were from the following projects ..... after this photo shoot they will join the rest of the ORTs in this year's jar:

Project One

The Flashing Scissors
Project One

Last week I bought a copy of The World of Cross Stitch (issue 266), mainly looking for Easter and Spring projects to stitch for Jo's Easter Blog Hop! And then I treated myself to a few new threads. Can't show you what I'm stitching yet, it would spoil the surprise for the Blog Hop ..... so this weekend I've been happily stitching away on my Easter project, and it's coming along very well! 

WoCS even had a small mention about ORTs in this issue! BTW I don't get paid for mentioning this magazine, I just happen to like buying it occasionally!

Project Two

Another little project from the same magazine ..... in fact, this is their free gift, which comes with an envelope and presentation card.


The Flashing Scissors
Project Two

Actually I've almost finished this one, must take a photo for next update!

Project Three


The Flashing Scissors
Stitch by Stitch by Anchor

Stitch by Stitch has progressed further, and, although there is a little more of the frame to stitch, next time you will be able to see some of  the picture within the "frame" which I couldn't resist starting last night. 

Now I'm off to see who else has added their TUSAL posts to Daffycat's comments HERE.

Thanks for popping by. It's always lovely to know you've visited.



Hugs,
Barbara xx


(If you haven't heard of TUSAL or ORTs before do pop over to visit  Daffycat to find out all about them, and maybe even join in?!?!)

15 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Isn't it nice to have three projects on at the same time; you can switch between them if you hit a snag or want a change of 'view'?

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Oooh, I haven’t done cross stitch for ages - enjoy!!!

Daffycat said...

Great projects! Wonderful ORTs!

Mini said...

Like you I like to use the floss till its impossible to stitch anymore ;)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great colours in your orts

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

That looks like a cool magazine. I don't find many needlework magazines here in the USA unless you go to Barnes and Noble or order on line with high postage. I think I saved every needlework magazine that I have ever bought and really should get back to cross stitch which I have not done in probably 20 years. Can't save my orts...I use them to the end, literally.
xx, Carol

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Looking forward to seeing your blog hop piece and more of Stitch by Stitch.

Mary Ann Tate said...

Lots of lovely projects and nice ORTS too :)

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Nope - not going to check out that magazine for fear I might be convinced to buy it and I don't want to break my self imposed rule of not visiting the book shop/magazine stands. Looks like another couple of fun projects though.

Brigitte said...

I'm exactly like you, Barbara. I try to stitch every length of thread to its very end. So my Orts are also extremely short. I just don't want to waste the smallest piece, lol.
Looking forward to seeing your Easter related project that you are stitching for Jo's blog-hop.

deb said...

That looks like a good pile of orts to me! I understand what you mean about stitching till you have only the tiniest tail of thread - I always feel guilty if an ort is more than two inches long, LOL.

Mia said...

Hi Barbara. I do exactly the same to you. I never waste thread, I try to stitch every inch of it. Kisses, my friend.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I'm another thread-meanie, down to the last mm for me!
I used to get WOCS but it got a bit cutesy for me. I get Cross Stitcher again which I also went off but when Cross Stitch Collection ceased publication they transferred me across at a very cheap price (less than £3 an issue) so I carried on with it.

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

Beautiful colours! I am just like you, I also use every bit of thread and fabric as well.

-Soma

Kaisievic said...

Lovely ORTS and I can't wait to see your surprise Easter stitch!