This is a SAL for the projects we want to finish before the end of the world:
|Hosted by Measi's Musings|
Unfortunately my list is growing as I remember things I really would like to finish, like "NOW"!
But progress has been slow because its generally the case that when something is put away it has been because the next step is not so easy and needs a little consideration and planning!
(Other projects rediscovered)
- Camper Van - started last year - needs handles and picture attaching to front of bag.
- Bee needle case - started last year - still needs FFO.
- Etoilé thread sampler - framing.
- Easter cross stitch piece - framing.
- Polka Dot Lady quilt - finishing.
- "Stitches" - unfinished.
- Night time - finishing.
- Tatty Teddy - back stitching and framing.
- Polka Dot lady
- Laundry day
- Name badge (nah, not a lot! Got it out, played with the binding, no inspiration, so it's back on its shelf!!!!
- Plus two others - block painting
- Goldwork picture
- Stitch sampler bag
- Crewel Work (found in the Dreaded Cupboard)
- Luna (another one in the DC)
Some of you might remember the "Camper Van" I stitched in the summer of 2018:
This January I used my new sewing machine to make handles, but as the binding has already been stitched around the top of the pouch I found I needed a different method for adding the handles.
|Oops, I'm sure its not really wonky!|
After seeing a demonstration of how to use Fimo for Millefiore I decided to drag some out from one of my deepest stash cupboards to make buttons:
But my Fimo is old and needs plenty of working to make it pliable enough to make buttons, so this may take a while!
Our host, Measi, asked what other SALs we are participating in:
- I mentioned previously that I am joining in with a Pin cushion swap over at Beaquilter - and you may have seen the pincushion I sent in January to Bethan, and I received mine from Meloney. February's pin cushion is still a WIP. And this is the second pincushion I've received in the swap from my super quilting friend Turid of Den syende himmel (visit Turid's blog for lots of wonderful stitching - quilting and pin cushions).
- there is a hand stitching QAL at Elm Street Quilts but unfortunately I haven't had time to join in after all, but if you are interested it looks a lot of fun!
- and I am stitching a little something for Jo's (Serendipitous Stitching) Secret Stitching Sweethearts blog hop in a couple of weeks time that I hope I will be able to finish in time!
And even more urgently I need some finishes as the handicraft group I attend has an exhibition of work in March (hopefully before the end of the world, tee hee) and I'd really like to have something to display!
Anyway, here are the deets for anyone who lives nearby:
If any of you are coming do let me know.
Happy Stitching everyone!